General information about the faculty
Time-tested traditions of classical university education are combined with modern teaching methods and current research.
The educational process at the Faculty of Law today is:
- more than 800 students enrolled in bachelor’s and master’s degree programs in specializations: international law, administrative law, civil law, business law;
- highly qualified professors and teachers who teach courses not only to law students, but also to students studying in other educational programs (including political science, management, international economics and others). This promotes the integration of the educational community;
- educational and practical laboratory «Legal Clinic» of Vasyl’ Stus Donetsk National University;
- involvement of students in research and expert activities;
- internships in public authorities, local governments and law firms and other commercial structures;
- research groups, legal competitions and student conferences;
- about 75 disciplines, which include not only specialized legal subjects, but also such courses as «Logic», «Philosophy», «Foreign Language», etc., which form general cultural competencies;
- modern information technologies, distance educational technologies and electronic information resources that meet world standards in terms of level.
Educational qualification level of a person who based on complete general secondary education has acquired basic higher education, fundamental and special skills and knowledge of the generalized object of work (activity), sufficient to perform tasks and responsibilities (works) of a certain level of professional activity, provided for primary positions in a particular activity.
A master’s degree is an educational and qualification level of a specialist who, based on a bachelor’s degree, has acquired in-depth special knowledge and skills of research and innovation, has some experience in their application and production of new knowledge to solve problematic professional problems in a particular field.