About the faculty
About the faculty
Time-honored traditions of the classical university learning are in combination with modern methodologies of teaching and actual scientific researches.
Educational process at the Law Faculty:
- are over 800 students that study in educational programs of bachelor’s degree and master’s degree;
- highly skilled professors and teachers, that read courses to not only the students-lawyers but also to the students that study in other educational programs, in particular, political science, management, international economy et al, assisting the same the integrations of educational association;
- an educational laboratory is the “Legal clinic” of Donetsk National University named after Vasyl Stus;
- it is brining in of students to scientifically-research and expert activity;
- it is passing of practice in public, local self-government authorities and in advocatory and legal companies and other business entities;
- are scientific groups, legal competitions, and student conferences;
- about 75 educational disciplines, that include not only profile legal subjects but also such courses, as “Logic”, “Philosophy”, “Foreign language” and other, that form general culture competences;
- are modern information technologies, distance educational technologies and electronic informative resources, which answer to world standards.
Department of Business and Administrative Law
Department of Civil Law and Procedure
Department of Theory, History of State and Law and Philosophy of Law
Department of Constitutional, International and Criminal Law
The Head of the Faculty
Iryna Fedorivna Koval
Everyone is on the threshold of choosing a life path. It depends on this choice whether a person will be happy. What profession to choose? What to do? You have chosen one of the most popular and prestigious professions – the profession of a lawyer. There are not many specialties in the world so respected and honored, and at the same time so complex. Being a lawyer is a great honor and a great responsibility.
Congratulations on the realization of your aspirations and the realization of your dreams, because for many to become a law student means the realization of a cherished desire. May all your hopes come true, with the help of the faculty administration, its highly qualified teaching staff, responsible and responsive staff, senior students and graduates who are one big friendly family.
We wish you endless interest in the difficult but exciting way to engage in new knowledge, success and luck as you progress along this path, strength and inspiration. Let studying at the Faculty of Law become one of the sources of your life satisfaction and joy of life.
All information that directly relates to the current moments of the educational process: class schedules, tests, exams, course programs and literature to them, questions to tests and exams, and so on, should be located on the portal of the faculty.
History of the Faculty
The Faculty of Law, established in 1983, is one of the youngest and at the same time the largest faculty at the Vasyl Stus Donetsk National University.